Baking Your Own Wedding King Cakes in Houston, TX
Are you thinking of baking a cake for your wedding day? If you think you have the time and money to do it, why not? Baking your wedding cake offers a sense of accomplishment and it will bring a smile to your lips knowing that your guests appreciate your effort to bake the perfect cake.
If you find it hard to bake a big layered cake, you can go for wedding king cakes in Houston, TX. King cakes are easy to bake and they are perfect for both small and big weddings. Your family and friends can also help you with the preparation.
Follow these steps to bake the ideal wedding king cakes in Houston, TX. (Your ingredients will have to depend on the number of guests)
You will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Whole milk
- Candies, nuts or fruits for the decoration
- In making the cake, you need to put the sifted flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Create a hole at the center of the flour and pour a half-ounce of yeast that is already dissolved in warm water.
- Add the milk.
- Knead and mix the flour until the right consistency is achieved.
- In another bowl, you need to combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with butter and sugar until light.
- Add mixture of butter and egg to the dough while kneading it lightly.
- Allow dough to rise until it is doubled in size.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Form a ring with the dough, pat gently to flatten a little.
- In a greased parchment paper, set the ring in the middle and cover with a clean cloth to let it rise for another hour.
- Glaze the loaves with egg.
- Place in 325 degrees oven and bake for one hour or until loaves is cooked.
- Decorate the king cakes Houston with your chosen toppings.
As compared to other kind of cakes, wedding king cakes in Houston, TX are easy to bake. You will definitely have a great time baking and decorating the cake that you will serve on your very special day.